Network Security Expert (TNSE)
Troika NSE is expert integrated program for graduates / engineers who are targeting network / information security as carrier growth path. This Security workshop program is aligned specifically to the job role of Network Security specialists / consultants & Engineer who are responsible for day to day administration and Security management of various technologies i.e. Firewall, IPS, SSL VPN’s, load balancers, Web Security gateways & WAN optimization solutions etc…
NSE module has been fully customized and is in line with security industry requirements. Understanding and hands-on workshop on Security functions i.e. Firewall, NAT, authentication, failover, IPSec VPN & SSL VPN will enable candidates to appear for Checkpoint , juniper, Palo alto and F5 certification exams.
Troika NSE Prerequisites
- Graduation / B-tech / Post graduation
Key Technologies to be Covered
- Security – Basic overview on various technical controls, Firewall, IPS, Load balancers, forward & reverse proxies, two factor authentication.
- Firewall – Checkpoint and Palo Alto networks
- Intrusion prevention system (IPS) – Palo Alto / IBM ISS
- Site-2-site and remote access IPsec VPN – Check point & Palo alto
- Firewall Cluster / Failover – Checkpoint and Palo Alto networks
- Secure socket layer VPN – Checkpoint and Palo Alto networks
- End point security SSL module / NAC (network access control)
- Web Security gateways – Palo Alto next genertion
- Application Load balancers – Array Networks / F5 Networks
- WAN optimization – Riverbed / Array Networks
- Basics – Understating on networking concepts i.e. OSI mode, IP addressing, routing, switching, VLANS, protocols i.e. DNS, DHCP, Active directory, ARP protocol, HTTP, FTP, advance TCP concepts, various security technical controls, type of threats I.e. virus, worms, phishing, pharming and mitigation techniques.
- Firewall architecture – Understating on firewall architecture and deployment scenarios – Juniper Netscreen& checkpoint firewall
- Security policy & NAT – Understating access control policies, policy designing and implementation on rule base on firewalls
- User authentication – Integration with AD / LDAP for user and group based policy enforcement.
- IPsec VPN basics – Understating on IKE phase-1 & phase-2, ESP & AH protocol, Transport mode, tunnel mode operation
- IPsec VPN implementation – Implementation and troubleshooting of site-2-site VPN using pre-shared key and certificates..
- Clustering – Basics of cluster technology, high availability and load balancing topologies. Firewall implementation in active-standby and active-active mode
- Troubleshooting – Understanding and troubleshooting network/ apps issues using diagnostic tools i.e. tcpdump, ethereal, snoop, fw monitors etc.
- Virtualization – basics on virtualization technology / contexts, Delegate management, resource allocation, implementation of virtual firewall and SSL VPN instances.
- SSL VPN – Understating on basic SSL connection, SSL messages and SSL features and network
- SSL VPN implementation – SSL portal, resource publishing, AD integration, End point security / NAC for end point compliance, role based access control
- NIPS – Understanding of IPS architectural, detection techniques, deployment scenarios, designing aspects and implementation details.
- NIPS Implementation – Network and application threat mitigation using IPS policies, signature fine-tuning, and event correlation
- Web Security – Understating on forward proxy, reverse proxy, transparent proxy and caching concepts, various deployment scenarios and architectural details
- Web Security Implementation – Policy designing and implementation of web security gateway, integration with AD for User and group based policy, real-time monitoring, logging and reporting module configuration.Web Security Implementation – Policy designing and implementation of web security gateway, integration
with AD for User and group based policy, real-time monitoring, logging and reporting module configuration.
- Application load balancer & WAN opt – Understating on application delivery concepts – Link and server load balancer, deployment scenarios, basics on HTTP 1.0/1.1, SSL protocol, CIFS, network caching, de duplication , TCP and application acceleration